Google Talk

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:18:01 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote:
> > That actually sounds promising that perhaps Richard's current behavior
> > isn't as confusing as I'd feared.
> The trick is to do it *after* the user is no longer looking at the
> screen.

That is the current behavior. The original was to do it while setting
the menu, but that's been changed.

Now we just need to default "Domain" to gmail.com.

We probably should also default "Connect server" to "talk.google.com,"
while it's not required for Gmail or googlemail.com or well-configured
"Google Apps for Your Domain" accounts, many users of "Google Apps for
your Domain" don't set the required SRV records (either because they
don't care to or their host doesn't permit them to), and so setting
Connect Server could be helpful.

-s.