Time for a break...

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:23:28 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Tim Ringenbach <tim.ringenbach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I fail to understand the purpose of the board, but I find it strange
> we would consider it a good thing for the board to not be active developers
> of Pidgin. That causes me to picture an out of touch board doing stupid
> things that annoys us or conflict with us or something like that.

I'll add that Mark Spencer, who is not a current Pidgin developer, is
on the board due to his historical involvement, and---most
importantly---his impressive business experience running Digium.

It was recommended that most directors should be involved with the
project so that they have a good understanding of its needs, and that
some be unrelated to the project to make sure we aren't overly biased.