porting pidgin to uClinux

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed May 23 18:16:00 EDT 2007

Bill Fassler spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I've been considering porting this application to uClinux.  Is there
> any documentation regarding building the source code configured for
> different platforms and/or targets?

I'm not sure I understand your question, it builds just like any other
application which uses autotools.  To configure for cross-compiling,
simply use --build, --host, and --target as appropriate.  That said,
it's entirely likely that something in our build process will break,
as I don't think anyone actually *does* this.  Let us know, and we'll
see about getting it fixed.

I don't think Pidgin is a good candidate for uClinux, though -- the
very idea of running it in the same memory space as my kernel made me
shiver.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.