Menu restructuring

Tim Ringenbach tim.ringenbach at gmail.com
Wed May 23 23:48:58 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:

> The allow_shrink property of the buddy list window is unset, making
> the minimum window size equal to the width of the menu with only
> Buddies (or Pidgin), Accounts, and Tools.

It sounds like all of the above is for the purpose of unsetting the
allow_shrink property. I'm not sure why we feel the need to do this. Does it
hurt something? Have we gotten bug reports related to having the window too
small?

The only thing I can think of that messes up is the menu.

If that's the case, I'd rather propose that after the size is sufficiently
small, we replace all the menus with a single menu that contains them, and
call it Pidgin, or maybe just have an icon, maybe an arrow.

I'm actually ok with the rest of the changes. It is a bit weird not having a
help menu. It is a bit empty.

--Tim