Menu restructuring

Hylke Bons h.bons at student.rug.nl
Thu May 24 08:12:21 EDT 2007

I love this idea. Let's work it out.
I don't get the "List"-supergroup. And if there's going to be one, "Add"
should be part of it, because you're adding to the list.
I also think menu's deeper then one submenu are annoying and should be
avoided where possible.
Let's take "List" as root node:

[Pidgin List]
    \ Show...
           \ ...Offline Budies
      	   \ ...Empty Groups
           \ Etc
    \ Sort By...
           \ ...Manually
           \ ...Alpha
           \ Etc
    \ Add
       \ Account
       \ Buddy
       \ Chat
       \ Group
   \ View
       \ Room List
       \ System Log
       \ File Transfers
   \ account1 at jabber.org
       \ Edit Account
       \ Yadda
       \ Yadda
   \ account2 at hotmail.com
       \ Edit Account
       \ Foo
       \ Bar

Now the "Account" menu is useless, Let's replace it with:

Edit (much shorter, and used in many GNOME applications)
   \ Preferences
   \ Plugins
   \ Privacy
   \ Buddy Pounces

Now the menu bar contains: "Buddies Edit Help"

I know these are major changes, but they are just ideas. :)

Hylke