Conversation window redesign

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Thu May 24 13:39:40 EDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 9:04 AM, Sean Egan wrote:

> On 5/23/07, Graham Cole <chckens at sucs.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to advocate the Adium way of doing this.
>
> I thought Adium was supposed to have *good* UI ;)

Yeah, that specific part of our UI is not something I'm very proud of.
Our message window toolbar in general is not really that great.

If you're going to copy something, look at the "header" option many
message styles have -- it displays the person's buddy icon, and some
information about them in a header above the conversation. See
GoneDark[1] for a particularly colorful example.

Why don't you guys just use Adium message styles yet? ;)

-Colin

[1] http://adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=xtras&xtra_id=2463