building an MSVC app with libpurple

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:43:59 EDT 2007

On 5/24/07, David Byron <dbyron at dbyron.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks for a better place to get zlib.  Much better than a random google
> search.
>
> Unfortunately I'm still missing glib-2.0.dll.  I don't see that in the
> archive from Tor's site so I'm not sure where to get it (or what piece of
> code is looking for it for that matter).  Neither nm nor dumpbin seem to be
> giving me much info.  If you can shed some light on what code is looking for
> glib-2.0.dll it would be a big help.

glib-2.0.dll is going to be the same thing as libglib-2.0.0.dll
compiled differently.  Try using dependency walker to figure out what
exactly is looking for it (it shouldn't be libpurple or any of the
other deps).

How did you link glib into the app that you're using libpurple for?
Did you build it with MSVC?

I'm curious what exactly you're making.

-D