Incoming IMs need some coaxing

Gabriel Schulhof nix at go-nix.ca
Sat May 26 19:51:39 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm noticing some very strange behaviour, and I'm wondering if this has
been encountered before, and if there's a good way of tracing this
through the code.

Here's the setup:
I have 2 ICQ accounts - a good one, and a throw-away one. The throw-away
one runs on computer1, and the good one on computer2. When I send an IM
from computer2 to computer1, it doesn't seem to arrive at computer1.
Yet, when I send a message on computer1 to computer1 (yes, the
throw-away account has itself on the buddy list), they both arrive. So,
it looks as though I need to "coax" the incoming IM queue by sending
these "loopback" messages on computer1.

Has anyone seen this before ? What's a good way of tracking down this
problem ?

TIA for any help,

Gabriel