Compiling libpurple in Visual Studio

Scott Wegner swegner2 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:22:34 EDT 2007

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 02:57 -0700, Nick Hebner wrote:
>> Do you think it would be a good idea to add a VS solution to the
>> distribution?
>
> I don't really have an opinion either way, right now. You could send a
> separate patch that adds them and then we'll be able to see exactly what
> the impact would be.

If you are considering adding VS files, it's a better idea to create
similar VS6.0 .dsw/.dsp files instead-- 6.0 workspace files are forwards
compatible with VS .NET and 2005 through an automatic conversion in the
IDE.  However, VS2005 adds extra information to the sln/vcproj files,
which makes them not backwards compatible with any older VS.

--Scott Wegner