Saving incoming emotions

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:34:01 EDT 2007

On 5/28/07, john servetas <johnservetas at yahoo.gr> wrote:
> hello
>
> i remember that there was a plug-in for MSN messenger which could allow you
> to right-click an incoming emotion icon from a conversation, and save it to
> yours MSN emotion collection so you could use it any time
>
> i saw that some feature about coping emotions added to the 2.0.1 release of
> pdigin but i cannot understand what is its utility if you cannot add it to
> your emotion collection
>
> is there some plug-in for pidgin to add-on this feature?
> if there isn't, don't you think that it could be a to-do object for some
> next release?

Here is the patch that do the work
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1187

There are plans to integrate the new "save emoticon" and add it to the
custom tree. I took a quick look but seems not trivial to do that
because the save feature uses some tricky AIM stuff and is needed some
changes on the api.

I will try work on this in some days