feature request - with an explanation

Aleks Bromfield abromfie at cs.brown.edu
Tue May 29 16:39:01 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:26:26PM -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> Aside from a one-time pain to alias people, is there anything wrong with
> this idea?

I still think that my earlier suggestion would help in use
cases like this. If contacts can have multiple tags instead
of just one group, and if those tags can be automatically
applied based on rules or metadata, then there's no one-time
pain -- the aliasing gets done automatically (and continues
to be that way in the future).

Can anyone comment on my proposal? I took the lack of
replies as indicating a lack of interest, but if that's
true, I'd at least like to know why.

~ Aleks