im.pidgin.pidgin.2.1.0

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue May 29 20:43:32 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 03:03 +0300, Gabriel Schulhof wrote:
> I'm afraid this might have to remain as it is. I really can't see a more
> generic solution.

Fair enough. If this is the best way, it's the best way. In other cases,
refactoring has provided us with the benefits of reducing duplicate code
and you with the benefit of smaller sets of #ifdefs.

Ultimately, you're going to end up with a decent sized diff between
im.pidgin.pidgin and org.maemo.garage.pidgin.pidgin, and that's okay. I
just want to do whatever we can (unless it significantly complicates
things for us) to keep that diff small, as it makes it easier for
changes to flow in both directions. I'd also really like to see us keep
API compatibility between upstream and your port.

This is getting off-topic, but... Have you added any strings other than
the quit confirmation? If you want to find out easily, run "cd po ; make
pidgin.pot" in an upstream Pidgin tree and your tree and then diff them.

Richard