Buddy counts in group headers

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Thu May 31 03:05:32 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> seanegan: Any thoughts on http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/733 ?
> nosnilmot: I think we should always show the counts
> nosnilmot: if only because a) it's confusing for information like that
> to appear/disappear apparently randomly unless you are paying
> attention and b) we get bug reports about it
> seanegan: Do we get more than just that one?
> nosnilmot: it comes up in here every now and then
> nosnilmot: and the inconsistency does annoy me, but I can't complain
> elb: I have no thoughts on the matter
>
> anyone else?

I prefer to be able to see the counts, since I can see, if for some
reason I find it interesting, how many people are online in the group
without having to either count them or collapse the group.  I generally
don't need to know this number, but having it accessibly only when the
group is collapsed has never made sense to me.

For no particular reason, I vote for group counts always.  However, if
you take them away entirely I will shed no tears.

Kevin