Some UI ideas

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Nov 5 21:09:15 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 21:34 +0200, Georgi Kirilov wrote:
> 1. What about showing tooltip only for the selected buddy?
>   To be honest, I'm addicted to staring at the buddylist and to move the
>   mouse over and over it, and the constantly popping tooltips began to
>   annoy me, so... I cooked up some complex arguments to convince you to
>   make them stop making me crazy ;-)

Yes, these arguments are clearly bogus. There's currently a hidden
preference that exists for Windows that allows you to turn off the
tooltips. You might want to go that route instead.

> 2. Why not redistribute the fields to avoid duplication?

> This approach is with levels of detailedness which provide mutually
> exclusive information.

I don't think the duplication here is a problem. I certainly don't want
to have to open up a conversation with someone to get information that
used to be in the tooltip. For that matter, the infopane is optional and
I have it off.

Is there a particular problem you're trying to solve here?

Richard