FTP library for libpurple plugin?

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 08:29:02 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Casey Harkins <caseyharkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> libcurl perhaps? Never used it, so I'm not sure about quick/easy, but it
> does support most platforms (including Windows, Linux and most flavors
> of Unix) and multiple protocols.
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

thanks, i've started to use the libcurl which comes with cygwin and my
libpurple plugin compiles under windows/cygwin/mingw.

problem is, when i include curl and call its init and cleanup
functions in the plugin code, the plugin no longer shows up in
pidgin's plugin list to load! the plugin works again when i comment
out the curl code... im statically linking curl and my plugin dll size
goes up from about 100k to 500k.

any ideas as to why this is happening and how to get it to work?

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."