FTP library for libpurple plugin?

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:19:38 EST 2007

On 11/6/07, Daniel Atallah <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is likely that you're using the cygwin-dependent libcurl.
> The reason that your plugin no longer appears is that it probably
> can't find cygwin1.dll, which libcurl needs.  Using the MS dependency
> checker application on your plugin dll will verify this.  Pidgin (on
> Windows) is a native win32 application, so you should use a natively
> compiled libcurl instead and avoid having these problems.

Yup, it did seem to have a dependency on cygwin. So I built libcurl
myself and rebuilt the plugin. Still see the same problem. Dependency
walker shows dependency on libpurple.dll and dwmapi.dll which is the
same as the working plugin without curl.

If I comment out the calls to curl's init and cleanup, the plugin
loads. I moved the calls to other functions and not the plugin's
init/load, still the plugin does not load if I include curl calls...

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."