Custom emoticons receiving future ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Thu Nov 8 06:20:41 EST 2007

I had a first look up on this component and it seems to accept normal
gif images, but I don't know how it process and handle it.

Anyway, I agree with Richard that this custom emoticons, inside the
libpurple boundaries, should be handled as the stream (or image data)
that are received by the already existent API.
I don't know for sure whether your doubts are how to handle the image
data of the custom emoticon (libpurple side), or how to present it on
the UI (Pidgin side).

Please let me know whether you want example codes to handle the custom
emoticon image data inside libpurple, because I have already done this
on the per session cache of emoticons developed here using default C
commands "fopen", "fwrite", etc.
But, if you want help on GDK api and components I'll be probably useless
because our customer interface is built using WTL and I don't know
anything about GDK.

Best regards,
Mauro.

Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> On 11/7/07, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 13:17 -0600, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
>>
>>> Here I need to say that now we are able to save on disk a received
>>> custom smiley but we can not save the animated ones, as I understand
>>> that's a feature missing in gdkpixbuff.
>>>
>> libpurple doesn't depend on GDK, which is part of the Pidgin UI. This
>> code won't be anywhere near GdkPixbuf. You'll have the image data
>> somewhere and you can just fwrite() it to disk.
>>

> Yes I'm talking on the UI, it would be great to be able to save the
> custom emoticon that my buddies send to me. Y know is something
> different, I commented this on this thread because is realted to
> custom emoticons. If there is some way I can code it, but I don't know
> how to do it.
>

>> Richard

__At.,
   _