Request: task bar entry title

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa at cmi.ac.in
Tue Nov 13 18:17:04 EST 2007

* Quoting Will Thompson who at 2007-11-13 14:40:56+0000 (Tue) wrote
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:02:11AM -0500, Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > I don't like it, and it falls apart when you have new IMs from 2
> > different people - which title do you use?
>
> If you use a generic title like "Conversations (5)" for a window
> containing five conversations, then you can use something like
> "Conversations (Joe, Alice)" for the window containing unread IMs from
> Joe and Alice.

Adium does this -- it overlays the dock icon with the names of all your
contacts from whom you have unread messages. What is wrong with this
idea? (It does not seem to have been discussed on that RedHad Bugzilla
thread.)

--
Shreevatsa R