i18n in conversation history

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:28:17 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:46 AM, Francois Botha <igitur at email.com> wrote:

> > This is addressed in the following bug report:
> > http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3392
> >
> > -D

> Ok, but I don't quite see how I'm supposed to resolve this.  The ticket
> is closed as worksforme, saying the Timestamp format plugin should do
> the trick.  That plugin addresses only time formats, not date formats.
> I still see no place where I can set the date format to yyyy/MM/dd
>
> Anyhow, running pidgin -d reveals:
> Setting locale: LANG=en

The bug report above explains the reason that this happens; the
workaround doesn't necessarily apply in this case.

Is there a "en_??" locale value that will cause your desired date
format to be set?  If you set the PIDGINLANG environment variable to
what matches your "Regional Options" locale, does that work?

-D