im.pidgin.pidgin: fdee6fd343192e04665c9e56ceca3ac78f169666

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 16 02:07:48 EST 2007

kstange at pidgin.im wrote:

I believe I've correctly implemented a workaround for this.  The problem
is that the pull was hanging, in this case for over an hour.  I used the
DB journal as a lock file and modified the script to kill the pull after
a 270 second timeout, just shy of five minutes.

I'm hoping this is long enough.  The idea in this case was to try to
ensure monotone was killed before the next cron run.  If anyone has
reason to believe the pull might run for longer legitimately, it should
be safe to up the timeout to a higher number.  It'll just result in the
hang causing subsequent cron runs to be skipped until the timeout is
reached.

Kevin