Protocol Plugin Development Problem - Status Types

Ralf Kistner ralfgm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 10:59:20 EST 2007

How does the comparison work then? Both MXit and XMPP use the same status
types, so it should be possible (the only difference is the attributes).

I would expect it to included the status if both protocols support the same
status type, e.g. PURPLE_STATUS_EXTENDED_AWAY. This seems like a simple check
to do (for each status type, check if all the protocols support it). A
problem might be though that a protocol may have multiple statuses using the
same Purple type (e.g. PURPLE_STATUS_AVAILABLE is used for both "Available"
and "Chatty" in XMPP)... which one is chosen then?. How is this chosen if the
default list is used?

Ralf