im.pidgin.pidgin.next.minor: bc5f3a2e4402a8d8964189815a0251ea4a4702de

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:23:12 EST 2007

* Richard Laager had this to say on [26 Nov 2007, 11:09:43 -0600]:
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 03:50 -0500, sadrul at pidgin.im wrote:
> > Patch from fmoo. This makes a lot of the windows closeable with Escape. There
> > may be other windows that need this.
>
> Why is this our responsibility? If this is desired for consistency, why
> isn't it being done by GTK+ or the window manager? IIRC, this is already
> done by GTK+ on win32, maybe with the WIMP theme?

We don't specifically trap the escape key to close the window. Instead,
pidgin_create_dialog creates a GtkDialog, and GTK+ handles the matter of
'close-on-escape'. This is essentially the same as PIDGIN_DIALOG, with
an additional box setup nicely for buttons. This removes some code
duplication.

If I can get some free time tonight, I will probably make further changes
to reduce some more code duplication when adding a button to a dialog.

Sadrul