Suggestion: user profiles

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 01:34:22 EST 2007

Murilo Ferraz wrote:
> there is a way to develop a plugin to make user profiles?
> if it is possible, I can try to do it by myself.

If you can't use separate user accounts in your operating system (as
suggested), an alternative would be to launch pidgin with the -c command
line argument to specify the configuration directory. Just make a copy
of the pidgin shortcut and modify the "Target" in the copy to pass the
command line argument, something like:

      C:\Path\To\Pidgin.exe -c C:\Path\To\Alternate\Config\

The first time you fire it up using this shortcut, pidgin will create
the new configuration directory.

-casey