Why isn't MSNP14 being used ?

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 27 10:21:37 EST 2007

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Can someone please tell me why the MSNP14 version of MSN protocol isn't
> being used anymore ?

MSNP14 has never been used in any released version of Pidgin, because
it has serious problems.  It fails to connect, crashes, disconnects,
and does any number of other undesirable things.  It is not ready for
use.

> Do I have problems whether I keep using MSNP14 ?

You probably haven't *been* using MSNP14, but if you have, you should
stop.

> Does MSNP9 version have the nudge and custom emoticon functionalities ?
> Does it have any limitations that MSNP14 doesn't ?

MSNP9 has nudge and custom emoticons.  It also has limitations which
MSNP14 *will not*, once MSNP14 works.  At the moment, for Pidgin,
these questions are academic, because our MSNP14 implementation is
broken in many other respects.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.