Socket errors

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:07:40 EST 2007

Sounds great, I can't wait.  How about an instant reconnect attempt
though, followed by an exponential backoff to a user definable maximum
retry interval?

I would also like some sort of smarts to pidgin so that when I change
networks in NetworkManager, it would sever all IM network connections,
and reconnect.  I guess that might be unnecessarily destructive in
some cases so how about I restate it.

When the route table changes in such a way that the route to an
account's server changes, -OR- when pidgin is randomly disconnected
without reason, that account should automatically disconnect and
reconnect (one time) as quickly as possible, then exponentially