conversation variable replacement

GMail mike.ellerhorst at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 17:20:34 EST 2007

Hey,

I had sent an email about a month ago regarding a school project of
mine where I am trying to change the data structure holding the
conversations from a GList to a GHashTable in the conversations.c
file.  However, I am running into some difficulties.  I apologize if
this is a very simple mistake, but I declare the new hash table right
after the GList as follows:

static GList *conversations = NULL;

// My code //
static GHashTable *HTconversations = g_hash_table_new_full
(g_str_hash, g_str_equal, g_free, NULL);

static GList *ims = NULL;

I get the error that "initializer element is not constant" at the
line where HTconversations is declared.  I'm guessing that you cannot
call this function to initialize the variable there.  Could you give
me some advice as to where to initialize the hash table so that I
don't run into this problem or how to modify my statement to allow
the initialization there.

Thanks.

Mike