Action Links

Ralf Kistner ralfgm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:56:19 EST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007, at 15:18, Ralf Kistner wrote:
>
> > For the protocol plugin I'm developing, there are bots that send a
> > list of
> > commands to the user. I want the user to be able to click on the
> > commands,
> > which will perform a protocol action. Is this possible at all?
>
> The XMPP/Jabber plugin has support for this feature under the name "ad-
> hoc commands". I added this to libpurple on SoC 2007. You might get
> some hints there on one way to implement this.
>
> andy

Thanks for the info.

Although the idea of the commands are similar, I want it to be implemented in
a different way. The user needs to be able to click on the commands inside
the conversation window, similar to http links.

Example conversation with a bot:

Tradepost: What can we supply u with today?
1) Tradepost Treasure
2) Videos
3) Games
4) Companions

User: 3

Tradepost: Games
1) The Battle
2) Trivit
b) Back

User: 2

etc.

I want the user to be able to click on the text (like a link), instead of
typing in the number of the command.

Is this possible?

Ralf