Change the Green Online Icon to an Icon reflecting the IM Protocol?

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Thu Oct 11 01:32:25 EDT 2007

Kevin Stange wrote:

> We did eventually add protocol icons back, for the record, because while
> we believe you shouldn't need or want to depend on them, some people
> insist that they do.  They're still off by default, but make sure you're
> using a recent version of Pidgin and then go Buddies > Show > Protocol
> Icons.

Interesting. Kind of glad. Not as I have strong opinions over this
particular issue but as I felt the bug tracker thread mentioned, painted
the devs in a poor light, purely in terms of how the issue was handled.
I like Pidgin & consequently am reassured to see it in good hands.

BTW I can't really think of a better name for it - not that there's
anything wrong with flying rats either (we have pet rats who would be
overjoyed at the trouble they could cause if they gained the ability to
fly).

--
Michael Rozdoba