Mea Culpa - I was wrong

Charliep charliep at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 07:30:17 EDT 2007

Richard:

"customer acquisition" is a marketing term. Use "user acquisition" in its
place. The premise of improving user acquisition is is that with more users
you will get more volunteers who can help develop new features. Another
eventuality is that if Pidgin goes mainstream somebody (like Google) will
come forward with a way to monetize or sponsor or subsidize development
costs

Can you please tell me where I can download this patch? The present Buddies
-- Show -- Protocol Icons really does not work. It shows BOTH the green /
clock / paper icons and the IM Protocol icons. Two icons per contact defeats
the entire purpose and makes the program almost impossible to use for me. I
like to keep a very skinny window open on the right hand side of my screen,
and with two icons and the ... after the name I am left with 1 character of
the person's name.