po/Makefile.in expansion problem

Peter Speybrouck peter.speybrouck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:26:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to compile pidgin on SkyOS (actually only libpurple).
All goes well until "Making all in po". Attached po.txt file shows the
output when doing make, the last part (between entering and leaving
directory po) keeps repeating.

I did some investigation but I'm not sure where to look.
Sidenote, I have gettext 0.16 and intltool 0.33

The Makefile.in that gets generated still contains: ALL_LINGUAS =
@ALL_LINGUAS@ while this should have been expanded to something like
ALL_LINGUAS = af am ar az be at latin bg bn (and so on)...

some people on irc suggested issues with my gettext or intltool

I'm not sure that the ALL_LINGUAS issue is the cause of the looping
during make but I have a feeling they might be related.

You can find the makefiles from the po directory attached.

If anyone wants more info or knows something I could check or verify,
please let me know.

thanks,

Peter