Skype plugin development

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 16 03:48:51 EDT 2007

Yep, I've been making a Skype plugin for several weeks too.  I've
currently got mine working on Pidgin on Windows and Linux, and just today,
Adium on OS X.

My source code and screenshots are available at
http://tinyurl.com/2by8rw

There were concerns on the forum from other developers who wern't sure
about the legal aspects of interoperating with the Skype API, since the
Skype API EULA seems to be restrictive.  I had hoped to hear back some
more legal opinions.  However, my legal opinion is that because there is
no non-free libraries that it's GPL compliant.  The OS X version I'm not
so sure about, since the Skype.Framework that is offered for use by Skype
isn't open.

Thanks for the link to your code.  It would be good to collaborate and
come up with a good plugin.  Maybe one that would get included into
libpurple some day ;)

Cheers,
--Eion