im.pidgin.pidgin.next.minor: badd0da928af665635b29e3c49bb7d8de8d93b3c

Sadrul H Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:20:37 EDT 2007

On 10/16/07, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:

> Richard Laager wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 05:50 -0400, sadrul at pidgin.im wrote:
> >> I have included the output of diffstat of the changeset. Do we like
> this in
> >> our commit message? If we do, we can use the stuff rekkanoryo has for
> gf.
> >
> > I like having that in the commit mails. It obviously doesn't belong in
> > the changelog. ;)
>
> Agreed--it does not belong in the log message.  This is why the
> modifications to
> the commit mail script that we're using on guifications.org specifically
> add the
> diffstat output only to the mail message.

I think http://pidgin.im/~sadrul/pp/diffstat_mtn_commit.patch will remove
the list of modified files from 'mtn diff' output, and append the diffstat
output at the end of the ChangeLog. The change doesn't introduce any
additional call to MTN, so the performance of the commit-mail script
shouldn't be worse than it currently is.

I also think we don't have diffstat in homing. If we really want this,
really bad, we should get that installed ;)

While we are on this, does anyone have any idea what went wrong when there
were a bunch of empty commit emails a few days back? (eg.
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/commits/2007-October/006156.html)

Sadrul