Automatic account reconnection ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Wed Oct 17 07:30:19 EDT 2007

Hello there!

Since we've migrated our client's application to work with version
2.X.X. of libpurple, they start complaining of accounts that reconnect
by their own.

Sometimes is the MSN account that was disconnected because the user
logged on another machine. On this scenario, the account keeps connected
by some time until the other application (the first one that lost the
connection) reconnects automatically, and the application that the user
is using on that precise moment is disconnected.

I have myself experienced this kind of reconnection, and I don't know
the reason that sometimes this happen with a account that I don't event
was connected during that session.
Probably with a account that lost the connection on a prior execution of
the application.

Could someone please tell me why does this happen, and the way to avoid it ?

Thank's and best regards!!!!!

--
__At.,
   _