A few comments

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Fri Oct 19 02:00:48 EDT 2007

> Note that Pidgin is *not* written using a non-free library.  This is
> not relevant.  You would be attempting to apply this retroactively to
> established Free software, not to new software which has never been
> licensed, which is what the above text concerns.

Whoops,  I wasn't meaning to talk about Pidgin, just the plugin I'm
writing.  It's just that a plugin is a licensing derivative of the program
it's a plugin for, and I'm getting confused between my programs :)

Here's my train of logic:
Someone said I was using Skype as a library, and since that is not free,
its a violation of the GPL.  If that were the case, why would the GPL FAQ
talk about linking with non-free libraries as a possible (though not
desirable) thing?