Fix ticket 3613 about memory leak

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Oct 19 12:31:06 EDT 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:00:04 +0800, Bin Chen wrote
> Hi,
>
> I submit a bug #3613 ticket, which is about memory leak when close a
> conversation window. I want to solve this by myself, so I have a
> question here.
>
> Is the pidgin_conv_destroy() the only function to destroy a
> conversation, if right, where is the code to destroy the imhtml embedded
> in the conversation window?

The imhtml is a GtkWidget, so it is reference counted.  When the conversation
window is destroyed gtk descends the widget tree and decreases each widget's
reference count, which causes the destructor to be called for that widget.  I
think gtk actually calls this "finalizing," and the function that does this is
pidgin/gtkimhtml.c:gtk_imhtml_finalize()

-Mark