Open Buddy list via single clicking the tray icon?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Oct 23 00:51:58 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 21:41 -0700, Neillithan wrote:
> You are not understanding me.  The tray icon.  You are forced to double click
> it to bring the list to the front.  I want to "single" click it for the same
> effect.  Pidgin does not do this offhand.

Single clicking it brings the buddy list to the front (unless you have a
new message). I just tested this.

> Also, I stated I wanted Pidgin (buddy list) to come to the front of my other
> windows when I click the tray icon.  Once again, Pidgin does not do this.

It does.

> It does not come to the front of my windows if the buddy list is already
> open.

It does.

> If the buddy list is hidden behind other windows, I have to double
> click the tray icon to close the buddy list, then double click again to
> bring it to the front.

I don't.

For me, a single click presents the buddy list regardless of whether it
was previously displayed, except in the case of a new message, in which
case we present the conversation window instead.

I'm running Pidgin from trunk, but I don't believe this code has changed
in a long time. Make sure you're running Pidgin 2.2.1 just in case.

Richard