im.pidgin.pidgin: 80428952b570d014e6a4014048edcf0bde18eebb

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Oct 25 03:46:36 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 00:45 -0400, datallah at pidgin.im wrote:
> Note that imhtml->clipboard[text|html]_string are deprecated.

Please note these with @deprecated individually so they appear that way
in Doxygen. Additionally, we'll undoubtedly grep for deprecated when we
get ready for 3.0.0, so we'll be sure to find and remove them.

This should also be noted in the ChangeLog.API file.

I'd like to make it easy for plugin authors to know when they're using
something deprecated. Mimicking GTK+, I added PURPLE_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
#ifdefs in a few spots. I suppose this should be
PIDGIN_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, so I'd use something like this:

#ifndef PIDGIN_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
	/** @deprecated */
	char *clipboard_text_string;
	/** @deprecated */
	char *clipboard_html_string;
#else
	char *;
	char *;
#endif

If that doesn't compile when PIDGIN_DISABLE_DEPRCATED is set, use "char
*_deprecated1;" and "char *_deprecated2;".

Richard