Two things that I hate in Pidgin right now

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Sep 2 21:14:11 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 18:05 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> I made the change to search from the bottom, my IRC tab would be blue,
> and I wanted to Ctrl-F my name and not have to bother with messages I
> said two days ago.

I used this for probably the first time (if not ever, at least in a long
while) and was amazed at how crazy cool it was that it behaved that way.

> You're the first person yet to be annoyed, confused, and disserviced
> by this. Is there a particular reason you want to see the oldest
> messages first?

Perhaps we should just have a "Search backwards" checkbox (like every
other find window) and have it checked by default and have its result
save as a pref. That way it's clear what is going on, we have a default
that is useful for IM (but non-standard), and it's easily changeable.

Richard