Two things that I hate in Pidgin right now

Josh Williams yurimxpxman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:14:46 EDT 2007

On 9/3/07, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> There is such an option.  Look at the Options menu on any conversation window.

I'm surprised I haven't seen that before. Thanks.

> We've had this particular debate before, and I agree with those that said
> customized toolbars are very bad.  The only "customization" I would be willing
> to accept would be collapsing the toolbar from individual icons to menus when
> the window is too small and then expanding back to individual icons when the
> window is large enough.  Even so, I never use the toolbar and have disabled it,
> so I don't particularly care about that.

I don't see how the ability to customise something could be bad. Not
everyone likes things the same way.

Perhaps the items in the drop-down boxes could be draggable so they
can be placed wherever the user wants them. That would cut down the
clutter in the preferences menus.