Two things that I hate in Pidgin at any time

Andrew Roeder correnthean at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:16:26 EDT 2007

Peter Lawler pidgin-devel at bleeter.id.au said:
>1) Threads like this
>2) Users like that

>Pete.

Wasn't that the same guy who said he was going to be making a QT UI
and redoing libpurple? hehe...

At best we shouldn't let him derail the thread, as it is still a hot
topic, I'd personally like to hear if you guys have talked over some
of the changes myself and other users would like to see to the
conversation UI.

I really don't have a problem with bottom searching, but it wouldn't
hurt to have the the popup for ctrl+F to have the option of "reverse
search", usually when I'm searching I'm wanting to find something
specific, which is probably rather old - but otherwise I'm wanting to
find "the last time someone said my name".

And I'd like to hear your current opinions on busting up the insert
button, or removing the descriptions on the buttons.  As I've said
before I think its obvious what the buttons do by their pictures(The
only thing they DO in my opinion, is show you the hotkey for each
[ALT+F] and [ALT+I]).  If we removed them we have plenty of space for
every insert button without sacrificing the current goal size for the
window.

note: Also I've forgotten, when was audio/video planned, and the MSN
protocol upgrade?

And why the hell doesn't aim tell me when people go to mobile status,
not you guys fault, but hell!