Two things that I hate in Pidgin at any time

Peter Ruibal ruibalp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:20:37 EDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:16:26 -0500, Andrew Roeder wrote
> > note: Also I've forgotten, when was audio/video planned, and the MSN
> > protocol upgrade?
>
> Audio/video will happen when it happens.  Why do people need an exact
> date?
> Word to the wise: Don't plan your life around us implementing audio/video.
>
> MSN protocol upgrade... we're thinking about merging the
> im.pidgin.cpw.khc.msnp14 branch into im.pidgin.pidgin shortly after this
> release.  Has anyone used the branch?  Are there any major bugs that
> people
> found?  Regressions from the current code?

Other than general instability,  (as of about a month ago; I haven't
bothered keeping crash logs around), the only obvious bug (regression?) is
that it url-escapes spaces in my 'Friendly Name,' so my name becomes
Peter%20Ruibal.

Carlos, do you think it's a good idea for us to merge the branch into
> im.pidgin.pidgin?
>
> -Mark

Peter Ruibal