Finch and console ui

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 6 12:02:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 06:46 -0700, Bill Fassler wrote:
> I have decided to fall back and punt and see if things go better if I
> build dynamically linked versions. Maybe I'll learn something in the
> process, but even it works it would be unacceptable because libraries
> such as gettext, glib, and xml2 are way too huge to include in an
> embedded product just so one application can use  "parts" of them.

If you can get that to even build, it may be a step in the right
direction. Another thing to try would be to build everything statically
for your host system first, to make sure that all works. That's much
easier for others to debug and fix than when you're doing a
cross-compile at the same time.

If you had both of those cases building, but not the static
cross-compile, then we'd know the build problems were exclusive to a
static cross-compile scenario.

I unfortunately don't know enough about the autotools "smoke and
mirrors" either, so I can't really help directly.

Richard