Two things that I hate in Pidgin at any time

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:34:20 EDT 2007

On 9/6/07, typ0 <typ0 at bragatel.pt> wrote:
> I think the im.pidgin.cpw.khc.msnp14 branch should be ready for wider
> testing.
> I'm currently making the soap code more reliable to not miss any
> request (while keeping it playing well with other parts of the code
> that don't use MsnSoapReq's).
> There is also an issue with local sync of buddies reported by sadrul,
> which led me to think a better approach would be to silently sync the
> local buddies/groups with the server, while being careful not to
> remove the entire list in case the server returns an empty one
> (suggested by Ka-Hing).

Yes I'm having this problem here, I will try to take a look over it
this weekend to find what causes this sync problem

> #2270 should be also fixed, along with other issues that appear from
> the wider testing.
>
> So, I believe that we're generally in a good state, ready for merge
> after this next release.

there is #371 and #1510, I think they should be added and tested
before the merge.

With the last commit khc brings back the Offline IM but there are some
issues (look at the commit message). When the OIM was working in
msnp14 while ago, when displaying the offline message the "name of the
buddy" was in black, instead of the normal red from normal IM..  now,
the offline message appears read. I think is better the "black nick
have an offline message" than the "this message is a normal message
and looks like if the buddy just IM you"  I will try to take a look
over there this weekend and find a way to change to the "black nick"
behavior.

after this fixes I think the branch is ready for wide testing =)

Masca