Capturing Incoming Messages

Rumely, Mike mrumely at up.edu
Wed Sep 12 23:59:15 EDT 2007

Hi all,

      My name is Mike Rumely and I working on my senior design project at the University of Portland. I am attempting to write a program that captures the text of a received message and the sender of the message. Would you all recommend starting pidgin with the "-d" flag and parsing the debug info for messages or is there a better way? I would like this to be a stand alone application but a plugin could hook into the "message-receiving" signal, would you all recommend that instead?

      Any advice you have for me would be much appreciated.

     Thanks,
     Mike Rumely