Help connecting to chatrooms (ICQ, AOL, Yahoo,...)

ErikNabbles erikwestland at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 16:46:21 EDT 2007

I am unable to connect to any chatrooms on ICQ, AOL, or Yahoo (known bug)
using pidgin 2.1.1 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Has anyone confirmed that chatrooms using any protocol(s) is working? If so,
will you please send me room details (any protocol)? I am writing a
libpurple chatroom client, so I want to debug Pidgin to get the proper
calls; unless there is a simple "how to" out there.

Also, does anyone know if the ICQ rooms hosted at: http://www.icq.com/ are
accessible by pidgin. If so, sample connection info (e.g. room name and
exchange) would be greatly appreciated.