Persistent chat rooms

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:39:21 EDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > FYI: the two branches have been merged, and conversation hiding is now
> > in im.pidgin.pidgin.

Some questions I'm too lazy to check the code to answer:

- Does this need to be a preference? Is there a strong reason for not
wanting to maintain the IM history that isn't solved by Ctrl-L? If it
is necessary, can we think of a better wording than "Close IMs
immediately when the tab is closed"? It makes it sound like there's
some arbitrary delay between hitting the close button and seeing it
closed. I'd sugggest "Clear IM history when closing window" or
something like that

- What's the timeout for eventually clearing the backlog?

- When does the prpl's conv_close callback get called? When the window
is closed, or when the backlog is cleared? I'd prefer the former

- Do we need an auto-join and a persistent flag? I'd be just as happy
with only one or even neither.

- Related: does persistant imply auto-join? It seems that a persistant
chat should join on start, but not show the conversation window for
it.

-s.