Type message here... and Send button absence

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa at cmi.ac.in
Wed Sep 19 00:40:15 EDT 2007

* Quoting Sean Egan who at 2007-09-18 10:04:29-0700 (Tue) wrote
> On 9/18/07, Peter Ruibal <ruibalp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I just love the thought that there are all these people out there that have
> > > typed their message but are waiting for it to send.  Maybe we need a plugin that
> > > sends 3 seconds after you stopped typing?
> > I'm wondering,  are there any other IM clients that do this?
>
> We do it for status messages, but I don't think we could get away
> doing it for IMs.

If you do that, I predict that not only will you have people complaining
about this unwanted feature, you'll also have new users who complain that
Pidgin is too slow and takes several seconds to send each message.

Of course, I guess that no one was seriously suggesting this...