Preprocessor directives and gettext - patch for pidgin-mtn/pidgin/gtkmain.c

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Sep 19 23:58:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 08:18:24PM -0600, David Mohr wrote:
> A simpler workaround would be to just use
> " --display=DISPLAY   X display to use (Unix only)\n",
> and have it be displayed under Windows as well. Then it could be
> translated as one string again.
>
> ~David

And an even better solution would be to not have to have pidgin simply
ignore the --display option. Is --display even the right syntax for GTK+?
Have they fallen that far from the X 'standards'? (Given a quick test with
gtk-demo it would seem that it is.)

Doing this correctly just requires two passes at the argument list once
before we initialize GTK+ and once afterwards (assuming we want to keep
the die-on-unrecognized-options behaviour we have now). If we don't mind
just ignoring unknown options it becomes easier, we just set opterr to 0
instead of 1.

	-Etan