url handling

Mark mark at mitsein.net
Mon Sep 24 11:40:57 EDT 2007

I am using 2.2.0 now, and the same thing is happening.  I literaly
paste in http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=33127082&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16833127082
and it does the double href thing like so:
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=33127082&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16833127082
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=33127082&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16833127082>
And both of those URLs, both inside and outside the <> are hyperlinks.
 I am not telling it to create a link, it is doing it automatically.

On 9/13/07, Sean Egan <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Andreas Monitzer <pidgin at monitzer.com> wrote:
> > Maybe the strings should be compared for equality and the link should
> > not be inserted in case they're equal...
>
> This problem is specific to XMPP, and has been mostly fixed for 2.2.0
>
> -s.

Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will
always be happy."