Mac OS X port: fink package submission

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 26 03:08:01 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

 	I'm currently working on a packaging for pidgin (2.2.0) for Fink
(http://fink.sf.net).  I'm well aware of Adium, but I wished to package up
finch as well, and subpackage up libpurple.  Work-in-progress can be found
at sourceforge's tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1773187&group_id=17203&atid=414256

 	I've been using drafts of this packaging (pidgin.info) for the
last several weeks (since 2.1.0) and things seem to run well.  2.2.0
required me to write a tiny patch, which is attached to the tracker item
as 'pidgin.patch'.  Feedback and comments are welcome from anyone:
port-writers, core-developers, macosx-users...  I am not intimately
familiar with many of the dependencies (nor perl) so I may have made some
mistakes along the way.  Maybe once this makes it into fink's package
tree, some more notes can be added to "Compiling for Mac OS X" on the
online documents.

Thanks for developing pidgin!

Cheers,

Fang

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
 	-- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)